Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Unwritten Hymns

Pastor's Web Site Find The Power


In pain, there is a lot of life experience lost. Some of us who live in pain get to express some of the pain through the arts. There are times, especially in the last few days, I feel like I have a thousand unwritten hymn lyrics in my soul. There are times my soul aches from not having a gift for music and hymn writing. It's one of those grass is always greener things. Poets want to be bakers and bakers want to be poets. In the pain put upon us, God gives us some other kind of gift to compensate for the loss we feel as a result of the pain. Some of the most beautiful and touching art, music, and literature was written in pain. Some of the best care-givers, doctors, nurses, designers, people in any profession, are people who achieved not only in spite of their pain, but most importantly, because of their pain.

Perhaps God has a way in His infinite power and wisdom to get my unwritten hymns out into the hearts of others. May His will be done this moment.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord place His healing hands upon you to give you comfort and peace.

Copyright 2009 Rev. Patrick Kelly

1 comment:

  1. During my early preteen years I was accosted by a man older than I was. Living close enough to see him almost every day, I lived with intimidation and fear that he would physically hurt me. I felt diry and abused. This mental attitude carried on into my married life. At 20 years I went to Church and repented and The Lord saved me from my sins. I believe there is a second definate work of grace sent by The Lord and I asked The Lord to sanctify me through and through. The Lord kept his word.
    Iplay organ, piano, sing solos this is where my talent enters the picture. I know The Lord has given me the ability to hear songs and can play by just hearing the piece. I had seven organ lessons at the age of 16 and was able to play by chord and melody line of music. What a blessing to me. Music heals the soul; just as it did when David played for the King to calm his spirits that were bothering the King.
    Thank you for letting me express how my talent has helped me to function from day to day.
    BOOPER

    ReplyDelete