Tuesday, November 10, 2009

In The Beginning

My ministry website: http://www.findthepower.com

I know there are people like me. I know there are people all over the world who have lived and are now living a lifetime of pain. I am a minister. Ministers are supposed to have answers. Well, sometimes I do have answers. Other times, I don't have a clue. At 65 years of age, moving toward 66, you would think living a lifetime of pain would teach me things. Yesterday God told me I have suffered to soften me up. Well, if the Lord does not mind, I am soft enough. I have suffered enough. I have had more pain than I ever thought I could stand.

Even in the pain, I know God is with me. I don't know how He is with me. Or, where He is with me. Sure, I know He is within my heart. However, the pain drives God out. You don't feel real godly when every cell in your body is aching.

There are a lot of people in the Christian faith who do not understand a lifetime of pain because, praise God, they have lived pretty much pain free. Living in pain has little advantage. Think about it. The world would be a mess if everyone was in pain all the time. Civilization would never have advanced. Might even have died out if people were full of pain all the time. No inventions. No progress. No literature, art, language, music, sports, no progress. So it is good and great God permits most people to live relatively pain free.

But what about us? What about those of us who have lived doubled over in pain our whole life? What about those of us who have tried time after time to make it in the normal world but failed because we made so many mistakes because of our pain.

I have this theological position pain comes from Satan and comfort comes from God. I like this position. The theology behind this position is true and solid. However, it does not help me right now because I hurt and ache all over my body.

On my website I never say anything directly about myself because the website is about Christ and His work in the hearts of men and women.

I am starting this blog so others around the world like me will know they are not the only one who lives in the darkness and loneliness of pain.

May Christ be with you, may He touch you, and may He give you comfort.

Copyright 2009 Rev. Patrick Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment