Sunday, November 15, 2009

Shunning Attention, Keeping Silent

Pastor's Web Site Find The Power


When you are in pain, you want attention. Wanting attention is natural. Getting attention helps us shoulder the burden pain puts on us. For reasons I cannot identify, somewhere, somehow, sometime, I made an active decision to shun getting attention when I hurt. I am less able to shun attention to my pain now that I am older because the older I get, the more I hurt, the more visible my pain becomes to my family, and the less I am able to "keep the complaining inside."

However, in Christ's love, we need to put others first. Complaining puts a big, maybe terrible, burden on others.

However, when you live in pain, you do need someone to vent to. I've seen only a couple of counselors since my pain ramped up. Counselors are good in many respects. But counselors aren't as good as a fellow sufferer. A fellow sufferer with a sense of humor is the best. Goofiness in pain helps take the edge off, especially if two goofy sufferers know each other well for a long time. I have a friend of 50 years who I vent to and he vents to me. God bless you Gerry. I am praying hard for you every day.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord place His healing hands upon you to give you comfort and peace.

Copyright 2009 Rev. Patrick Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment