Sunday, November 15, 2009

Burning For Glory After Humilitation And Shame

Pastor's Web Site Find The Power


I can't cite examples. But people who have experienced massive humiliation and shame can have a passion to achieve fame and glory. It seems fame and glory is like a drug of choice when a person has been been drowned in humiliation and shame. Sometimes I want to erase all those deep dark moments of humiliation and shame I had to carry. In the background of my mind, I had this burning desire to super-achieve, over-achieve, and gain some form of fame. Fortunately for me, God had other plans. Beautifully, God has kept me humble. Tragically for others, countless others we hear about in public life, some people who come from humble beginnings have a tendency, nearing a death wish, to implode when they achieve fame and glory. Especially is the implosion evidenced in show business when the glory and fame act almost like a cancer to eat away the soul of a performer.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord place His healing hands upon you to give you comfort and peace.

Copyright 2009 Rev. Patrick Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment