Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Pain Is Loneliness

My ministry website: http://www.findthepower.com

Pain is loneliness. If you are in pain you can't give it away like you give a gift to someone. When you are in pain, the hard truth is, the pain is there in you and the pain (when the pain is bad enough) is all you have. When the pain eats you up, there is nothing left inside of you. This is the way the pain is with me and maybe you too. However, with me, even when the pain eats me up, God is still there with me and God is still there for me. The pain cannot completely destroy me because God is infinite. God has too much power to be eaten up by my pain. As I type these words, it is like He is in my head and hands guiding what I think and what I type.

When you are in a room with others and you are hurting, you can be with others physically but the hurt in you dominates you. This is the way the pain invades my life.

A long time ago, when I was writing about adversity in a persons life, the thought came to me (maybe I read it) adversity or pain make you bitter or better. I decided back when I wanted to be better and not bitter. The hand of God upon my life made me more sensitive, painfully sensitive, instead of making me full of anger and bitterness. I made the decision to be better, to make the pain make me better. Although sometimes God seems not to exist for me, I always know He is there, even in my pain. I know He is always there and has always been there, even when I was a child.

May Christ be with you, may He touch you, and may He give you comfort.

Copyright 2009 Rev. Patrick Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment