Friday, November 27, 2009

The Mistakes Along The Way

Pastor's Web Site Find The Power


It would be great if we lived a mistake free life. However, we make mistakes, especially if we live a life in pain. Pain dulls our senses and our sensibilities in many ways. Pain degrades our decision-making abilities. Pain lessens our ability to make accurate assessments. Our personalities are directly impacted by the pain we suffer. All these markers, taken together, set us up to make more mistakes than we would make if we were pain-free.

Nearly all of my regrets are centered on what I did not do, the silence I kept when I could have spoken, the love I did not show, and the compassion I did not extend. However, the raw mistakes do haunt me.

I do live in the full knowledge God forgives. God understands. Somehow, some way, God sets things aright both in my life and in your life if we fully repent and fall before Him in love and contrition.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord place His healing hands upon you to give you comfort and peace.

Copyright 2009 Rev. Patrick Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment