Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Praying To The Wall

Pastor's Web Site:  Find The Power


Sometimes I don't connect to God. Sometimes it as if He does not exist for me. All this, in part, is because of my pain and suffering put upon me by Satan. However, I pray anyway. I pray when I am sick, down, up, grieving, any mood, any time. Normally I go through my written list at night. Of course He and I talk a lot at other times, at least I talk and He listens. I started using a written list a few weeks ago because I can focus more on the people and not have to struggle through the pain to concentrate. Those of us who suffer, should be prayer warriors, even if it seems we are praying to the wall.

If you suffer, you know what I mean by praying to the wall. If you don't understand I will try to explain. The wall in the room where you pray or want to pray is plaster or wallboard covered with paint. The wall surely doesn't look like God. But think a minute. Who made the materials that go into the wall? Who holds the atoms and molecules together that make up the materials in the wall? Who keeps the electrons circling around the nucleus in each of the atoms? The answer to all these questions is: GOD

God isn't just in the wall or a part of the wall, God is the wall. Of all the ways we try to conceptualize God, we never think of God as a wall. I'm not being sacrilegious here. I am not being disrespectful or unloving to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ here. It is just a fact. God is everywhere, in everything, a part of everything. You cannot separate God into pieces either. You cannot say God is in a flower, or a dog, or a rug, and then say God is not in a rock, a piece of paper, or anything else. God is even in your computer holding it all together. Without God in our reality, there is nothing.

So when you pray and you hurt, if you don't believe because you hurt, or you doubt because you hurt, remember God and Jesus are the wall and pray to the wall.

May God bless you and keep you all of your days. May God place His healing hands of comfort on you and give you peace.

Copyright 2009 Rev. Patrick Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment