Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Holidays And Pain

Pastor's Web Site Find The Power


The holidays start tomorrow. There have been years when I dreaded seeing Thanksgiving and Christmas. Most of the reason for my dread was because I had to operate on someone else's schedule. In my pain and disability, I can't even operate on my schedule, let alone other folks.

So what do we do when we hurt and we are supposed to be lighthearted and happy. Well, you got to grin and bear it. Smile, be nice, caring, kind, compassionate, and attentive. Keep your mouth shut about how much you hurt. I know you have trouble carrying the burden. If there is anything at all we need, it is for someone to help us carry our cross. However, we need to put others first and keep our mouth shut about our pain, especially during holiday festivities. I know what I am saying is hard to take, even harder to do. But we have no business taking anyone down with our burden. Our burden is ours to bear. Let us all get as strong as we can and be a light to others, even if we are in darkness ourselves.

Do what God wants you to do and pick others up, even if you are down. You will be blessed if you do so.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord place His healing hands upon you to give you comfort and peace.

Copyright 2009 Rev. Patrick Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment