Monday, December 7, 2009

Why Doesn't God Stop The Pain?

Pastor's Web Site Find The Power


Sometimes I have an answer, sometimes I don't. Actually, I only have answers I sort of make up. We all want the pain to stop. Some people curse God in their pain because they blame God for the hurt. Other people like me try to bless God in the pain because we blame Satan for the hurt. I know God has some kind of reason or rationale for not stopping my pain. Most of my answers are prefaced with "perhaps" because I will never really know "for sure" until I am in heaven.

What I do know is that in my life, (goofy as it sounds) the pain has kept me going in God's direction. With no pain, no adversity, no suffering, no disability, etc., I would have gone in my direction singing "My Way" all the while. I also know for a certainty, I would never get into heaven singing Sinatra's "My Way" because "My Way" is not Christ's way. I also know God will, absolutely positively, stop my pain an instant before I see Him face to face.

I also know I am wrong to ask "Why Doesn't God Stop The Pain?" because God is more interested in what I do with the pain. God likely wants me to think of the pain as a gift to be used to glorify Him. (You got to be crazy to think this way but...I'm nuts.)

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord place His healing hands upon you to give you comfort and peace.

Copyright 2009 Rev. Patrick Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment