Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Death Of Ego

Pastor's Web Site Find The Power


Ego is a friend of mine. Unfortunately, ego is not the kind of friend anyone would want. The more I hurt, the more trouble I have keeping ego silent and away from me. Ego wants what ego wants when ego wants it. Ego wants attention. Ego wants other people to notice. Ego is evil. Ego is from Satan. Ego is not reserved for the rich and famous. Ego afflicts everyone, rich or poor, in pain or out of pain. Ego takes advantage...every advantage possible. Ego makes you hurt worse. Ego delights in making you hurt.

To deal with ego, I try to talk to God. I know God hears me on some level of knowing. Sometimes I "KNOW" God hears me and sometimes I sorta know He hears me. The more I talk to God the less power ego has over me.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord place His healing hands upon you to give you comfort and peace.


Copyright 2009 Rev. Patrick Kelly

1 comment:

  1. Physical pain is but a phase of affliction that the body and mind must endure in a level of agony that it can withstand within a measure of time bound by God within this physical world. Prayer and unyielding faith and the love for Christ minimizes the pain, as he suffered for us so shall we must for our salvation in him. So as the pain fades at the passing of this world so continues our lives in the beauty and peace of a spiritual one for the Kingdom of God shall never pass away which shall endure forever.

    ReplyDelete